Last updated: November 10, 2021
- The website https://m.io/ (the "Website"); and
- The Mio service and applications (the "Service" or "Mio");
- Information we collect offline or by any other means (such as through other products or services we may offer); and
- Information collected by our affiliates or any other third parties (including, third-party messaging platforms (e.g. Slack, Cisco Webex Teams and others) (each, a "Messaging Platform")), which may have their own privacy policies.
Information We Collect From You
- Location information. We also collect information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, and horizontal position representation information ("Location Information").
- Third-Party Platform Information. We may also collect information (including Personal Information) about you from various Messaging Platforms through their applicable APIs or otherwise ("Messaging Information"). For example, if a user links his or her company Messaging Platform account with the Service, we may have access to other users of that Messaging Platform within the same organization, regardless of whether they are Mio users or not.
- Tracking and Do Not Track Signals. We use the Website and the Service to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications or other online services ("Tracking Information"). Your web browser, email provider or Messaging Platform(s) may allow you to opt-out of our collection of Tracking Information by selecting a "do not track" (or similar) setting. However, we do not currently support "do not track" requests.
- Order Information and Other Information You Voluntarily Disclose. Certain features of the Service are designed to display Information that you choose to provide to other users (such as enabling chats across Messaging Platforms) or to other third parties (such as Messaging Platforms). Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information through the Service, that Information can be seen by those users or third parties to whom you send that Information. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these features.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the Service (such as communications between users)
- To provide services and customer support to you.
- To improve, test, update, and monitor Message.io's products and services for a better user experience.
- To communicate with you, including about the Service or your account.
- To market or promote the Service or products and services of Message.io or its third-party partners.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information.
In addition, Message.io and its third-party partners may also use the Information to remember your Information so you will not have to re-enter it during a subsequent visit; help you efficiently access your Information after you sign in; diagnose or fix technology problems; and for security and fraud prevention purposes.
Information We Share
Message.io or its agents, vendors or contractors may disclose Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, vendors or contractors that we use to support the internal operations of our business including the Service and the Website and who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To Messaging Platform providers in connection with our provision of the Service;
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Message.io or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other Message.io agreements;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, the Website or the public; and
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where Message.io merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information. For example, some of the safeguards that we use to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification include:
- Encrypt your data in transit and at rest to recognized industry standards;
- Employ a principle of least privilege for access to Systems hosting your data;
- Enforce complex password policies and multi-factor authentication;
- Utilize trusted and secured datacenters for processing and storing your data;
- Utilize centralized monitoring and logging of all production systems;
- Perform periodic availability and data recovery exercises;
Third-Party Websites, Services, and Technologies
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The Website and the Service are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us or write to us at the addresses below.
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Service, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third-party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service), you will need to terminate your account.
What Data Subprocessors are currently used by Message.io?
Message.io utilizes third-party Data Subprocessors for its day to day operations and provision of services. Message.io applies data protection controls with each Data Subprocessor in regards to their security controls and applicable regulations for the protection of personal data. Message.io limits the number of subprocessors that import our customers data and PII. Those that do are expected to adhere or exceed the standards and controls we have in place. End user data that is shared with a subprocessor is indicated under the 'End User PII' column. 'End User PII' is currently defined as First name, Last name, Email address, Avatar and IP address. Our Data Subprocessors are:
Our Data Subprocessors change periodically and we attempt to notify our customers of relevant changes. If you wish to confirm our latest list of Data Subprocessors, please contact us directly.
Message.io enforces and upholds a responsible disclosure policy, available here.